Monday, August 19, 2013

Idaho

I went to Idaho in August of 2013 as part of a 5-day, 500-mile ride from Bozeman, MT to Salt Lake City, UT. This was day two of the ride, starting in eastern Idaho and heading towards Jackson, WY.

The ride start
The route called for 95 miles of riding in Idaho and around 30 more in Wyoming, so I rode a few extra miles in Idaho so I could add it to the list.

The route
 It was a nice stroll through the farmlands of Idaho in the shadow of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

Good morning, Idaho
The Tetons in the distance







Getting closer to the Tetons






A little isolated rain












The Idaho/Wyoming border
As mentioned in the Montana post, I finally got a GPS computer, so you can get a copy of the route here if you'd like to try it for yourself. Yellowstone & the Tetons are a great place to visit (I've been there on a non-bike trip in the past), and I remember Teton National Park itself being especially bike friendly. If you find yourself visiting those parks, why not take a side trip to Idaho? It's less crowded than Jackson and you can get in some nice, peaceful, and scenic riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment