Thursday, March 11, 2010

Indiana

Indiana is where I was born and raised and where I first learned to ride a bike, so it makes sense that my first century was ridden in Indiana. I became "serious" about cycling in 2004 with the goal of riding across Indiana at a popular organized ride known as RAIN (Ride Across INdiana).

I rode my first century in 2004 and my first RAIN in 2005. I did RAIN for the next 5 years and if any of you are looking to put Indiana on your map, RAIN is the ride I would recommend.

If you ride in northern or central Indiana you can expect flat terrain and cornfields. Southern Indiana is home to some rolling hills, and if you can't make it to RAIN my recommendation would be to head to Brown County and ride in the Nashville/Brown County State Park area.

RAIN, 2007.

RAIN, 2007.

This is Indiana.

Fall in Brown County, 2007.

Brown County, Fall 2007.

Brown County, Fall 2007.

RAIN, 2008.

Metamora, 2010.

Brookville Lake, 2010.

Greensburg, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment