Thursday, March 11, 2010

Utah

I spent a few weeks working in southern Utah during the summer of 2008 but, sadly, never got a chance to ride there. When I was living in Las Vegas in early 2009 I got a chance to go back and ride the Zion Early Spring Century, which takes place at the end of February.

The route goes from St. George to the entrance of Zion and back.

The elevation profile is pretty tame.

Smooth roads. (I don't know these guys.)









I've seen more of southern Utah from an automobile window than from the saddle, which is a real shame. I would love to ride through Monument Valley some day.

Edit: I rode across Utah as part of my 2015 ride across the country. Here are the relevant days: 5, 6, 7. You can find more pictures, plus Strava route links.

No comments:

Post a Comment