Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ohio

I lived in Ohio from 2005-2007, so I did plenty of centuries there. All of my Ohio riding has been restricted to the western portion of the state. Northwest Ohio tends to be flat and windy, while southwest Ohio provides some rolling hills. Ohio was home to the longest ride I had ever done up until 2017, a 400-km (250-mile) brevet in the Cincinnati area.

If you're looking to put Ohio on your map, I would suggest heading to the rolling hills surrounding Cincinnati. Just keep in mind that I haven't been to southeast Ohio, which looks promising.

Fall colors in Secor Metropark, just outside of Toledo.
Fall was my favorite time of year to ride in Ohio.
MUPs are nice when they're empty like this.
Ohio has its share of beans...
...and corn.
This was one of my regular roads in Toledo. I was very happy to see the new pavement.
Birds
Early fall.


Calvin's Challenge (12-hr race), 2010.
Looking tired after Calvin's Challenge, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment